Tuesday, June 06, 2006

New C3D Commandments

First I want to say, I'm really not trying to be negative or poke fun at C3D. While a lot of my posts are in regards to some of the bugs of late, I do plan to add some tips instead of always pointing out the flaws. However, time just keeps slipping, slipping into the future (just try and get the song out of your head now). My posts are just some of the new things I have not seen reported on the Discussion Board or on any other Blogs for that matter and I think it needs to be reported. I truly want this Blog to be helpful and fun for the Autodesk and C3D community.



That being said, here are some new commandments that should be integrated into your regularly scheduled program. This is EXTREMELY important if you have a underpowered machine in relation to the new minimum requirements as put forth by Autodesk.

The Gospel According to Mark

commandment # 123546.124



commandment # 123546.125



Try either of the above and you will likely cause your own demise. Don't even think about it if you are underpowered. If you happen to do either of the above, time between actual performance of the above tasks and crash may vary. Good Luck, and God Speed!

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

P.S. Thanks for visiting and feel free to drop me a line.


4 Comments:

Blogger JW said...

I'm not _really_ surprised by the first one, but the second one I am. I've had as many as five dwgs open at once as we revise th Subdivision Grading book for 2007. It wasn't the fastest thing around, but I didn't have any major hangups.

Who knows, there seem to be a lot little things that can just bring the whole process to a dead stop.

Good post!

2:30 PM  
Blogger mreagan said...

The first happens when you are working on something in 07 and all of a sudden you have an older project that’s in 06 reared its head and you don’t want to switch the old 06 dwg to 07, so you think you can open 06 for a short wile to do the work required and go back to your 07 project with out shutting down. It just won’t work. It’s best to close 07 any time you need to access a 06 dwg or project.

The second is interesting. we’ve noticed in our office that with multiple dwgs open we tend to have unexplained crashes. Where as if we have just one open, stability seems to be much improved. This seems to be more of a problem for the computers that no longer meet the new hardware requirements. I have a brand new machine that meets or beets all requirements, and I haven’t had a problem yet. (knock on Formica.) But i've learnde to be more careful now.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Clearly, when I asked you how the Blog was coming, your 'disciples' were already at work ;)

6:17 PM  
Blogger mreagan said...

Ya gotta watch out for those "disciples" that worship at the alter of the duel monitor and duel processor. You never know what kind of stunt they are going to pull ;)

Now, if we (the Autodesk user's/abuser's) could all set up our desk in our cubes and offices to face San Rafael, CA and hold prayer 4 times a day we might get some serious mojo going.

Mark

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home